In order to take advantage of the reduction of university grants over the maximum amount, the students, through their reserved area of the Delphi portal, must authorize the University to acquire from the INPS database the ISEE-University certificate required by 15 December 2017.
Student who does not intend to make use of the fees reduction (does not have a valid ISEE-University) or has an ISEE University exceeding € 90,000 or does not grant permission to acquire it from the INPS database, has to pay the maximum membership fee.
They will not acquire ISEE attestations that:
- present omissions / annotations of difformity
- are not applicable to the facilitated benefits of University Study Law
What is the ISEE attestation?
The ISEE (Equivalent Economic Situation Indicator) attestation is the way to assess the economic situation of people who require social benefits; it is obtained by evaluating three elements:
the income, family heritage and composition of the family.
In the case parents are not present in the family, for the purposes of university education, it referes only to the student’s core in the following cases:
- The student is resident outside the home of the family of origin, for at least two years from the date of submission of the application for the first time in each course, to a non-property owned by a member.
- The student has an appropriate income.
If at least one of the above conditions is not verified, the student is considered in the parent’s nucleus. According to current legislation, the only ISEE valid for the calculation of the membership fee and for accessing the other benefits provided under the right to university study is the ISEE-University which is eligible to benefit from the right to university study.
How and to whom ISEE-University is required
To obtain ISEE attestation for performance-related studies (ISEE-University), you must complete the Unique Substitute Declaration (DSU). The DSU contains information about the family income and assets of each component.
- It must be completed and submitted to one of the following subjects:
- Tax Assistance Centers (CAF);
- INPS, also via telematics through the INPS portal
The average time to issue the ISEE-University certificate after the completion of the DSU is approximately ten working days.
For the presentation of the DSU, information on the assets is required and obtaining the relevant attestations may take several days, students are invited to work in good time for submitting the DSU, addressing CAFs where appropriate, providing all useful information to the acquisition of the ISEE-University.
The University cannot assist in compiling the DSU
Upon obtaining the ISEE-University certificate, from INPS or CAF, the student must connect to the Delphi platform to verify the correct acquisition and recalculation of the second installment by December 15, 2017.
If there are mistakes, the student has to report the problem by writing to the following address: email@example.com.
Deadline for requesting ISEE attestation
The deadline to request the ISEE-University Certificate for “Diritto allo Studio Universitario” is December 15, 2017.
Students who have already requested certification during the year 2017 ISEE-Università (ISEE for “diritto allo studio universitario”, valid until January 15, 2018), they do not have to apply for a new ISEE-University attestation. They will have to authorize the University to acquire the ISEE-University certificate from the INPS database through its reserved area of the Delphi portal by December 15, 2017.
The student MUST NOT submit any paperwork to the University Offices or send the ISEE-University by email. If the DSU is not submitted within the deadline of 15 December 2017, the student will be placed in the MAXIMUM range so will not be able to get any reduction in the maximum amount of university fees.
If the Single Replacement Declaration (DSU), with which ISEE-University certification is requested at INPS, is not made within the deadline of 15 December 2017 may be filed later but will be subject to a penalty for delay as shown in the following table:
|Deadline to present ISEE
|From 16 December 2017 to 15 March 2018
|From 16 March 2018 to 31 October 2018
The penalties for presenting the ISEE-University for late payment are accumulated.
The penalty for delayed transmission of ISEE-University will not be applied in the following cases:
- Enrollment at Master Degree, when the deadline for the enrollment is after the 31 of December 2017;
- Enrollment at scheduled courses after 31st of December 2017 following the ranking or for competition published after this date;
- Enrollment following a transfer from another University occurred after 31st of December 2017.
The student must retain the ISEE-University attestation that may be required by the University for any checks.
The foreign student who is not self-employed and with parents residing abroad and the Italian student with income abroad, who intends to take advantage of the reduction of university contributions over the maximum amount will have to obtain the certified “ISEE-Università parificata”, by 15 December 2017, at any national CAF.
The student, for the issuance of the “ISEE-Università parificato” certified, must exhibit in addition to the documentation relating to any incomes and assets produced in Italy also those relating to the income and assets produced abroad of each component of his family.
This documentation must be issued by the competent authorities of the country where the assets and income have been produced, legalized and translated into Italian by the competent Italian Diplomatic Representatives by territory and with the euro exchange rate.
For countries where there are particular difficulties in issuing such declarations, the documentation may be requested from Diplomatic Representations or foreign consulates in Italy and legalized by the Prefectures pursuant to art. 33, del D.P.R. n. 445 of 28 December 2000.
For foreign students coming from one of the particularly poor countries listed in the DM 9 giugno 2017, n.1455 the assessment of the income requirement is made on the basis of the documentation provided by the Italian Representation in the country of provenance wich attests that the student does not belong to a notoriously high-income and high-social family (DPCM 9/4/2001).
Upon obtaining the attestation, the student must bring a copy of the ISEE-Università parificato issued by the CAF with a copy of the certification used to issue this attestation.
Next, you can view the second installment calculated based on the provided documentation.
If there are any mistakes, the student is required to report the problem by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foreign students for whom the Isee-University can not be calculated will be subject to the following taxes:
- for students from developing countries (DM 9 giugno 2017, n.1455) fixed taxation equal to 80% of the maximum contribution of the course class;
- for all other countries a fixed fee of 100% of the maximum contribution of the course class.
For more information about ISEE-University go to iseeu.uniroma2.it
- The student who has applied for a Laziodisu scholarship, for tax reduction and income tax deduction in the event that the scholarship is not awarded or withdrawn, must still, through his / her private area of the Delphi portal, authorize the University to acquire from the INPS database, the ISEE-University certificate required by December 15, 2017.
- The student who has submitted a “precautionary request/domanda cautelativa”, in case he/she cannot graduate on time, to get the taxes reduction and income-based contributions, will have to authorize the University to acquire, through your private area of the Delphi portal, from the INPS database, ISEE-University certificate required by December 15, 2017.