ll courses for the degree in Mechatronics Engineering are taught by faculty members of high international reputation from the School of Engineering of the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, All our professors are engaged in outstanding research activities ranging from foundational sciences to the most advanced applied areas. In undertaking this new educational path in Mechatronics Engineering, our faculty intends to create a friendly environment, characterized by strong and fruitful student-teacher interaction.
Internships in one of the various departments involved with Mechatronics Engineering will be offered to dedicated students willing to learn more about basic technologies and advanced measurement procedures in mechanics and electronics. Last but by no means least, Rome, the Eternal City, with its unequalled historical heritage of artworks and monuments, will offer to all our students a unique chance of cultural growth in their spare time.
About the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”
The University of Rome “Tor Vergata” is one of the most recent, greatest and lively universities in Italy. As a centre for scientific research and higher education, it has a strong reputation in the fields of economics, engineering, law and medicine.
In the last years, the activities of technology transfer and cooperation with other public institutions and private organizations in different fields have been steadily increasing.
Rome “Tor Vergata” currently offers its over 40,000 students a total of 108 degree programs in the framework of its six Schools of Economics, Engineering, Law, Humanities, Medicine and Sciences. Each program guarantees an education up to the highest international standards recognized in Europe and overseas. The balance between scientific and humanistic Schools makes campus life extremely stimulating. Students can find high-level technical support and advice in each of the 18 departments. Moreover, there are many general and specialized libraries and extensively networked computer facilities.
FACTS AND FIGURES
Some numbers of the University of Tor Vergata 2019-20
112 Graduate Programmes
140 Postgraduate courses
47 Specialization Schools
18 Programs entirely taught in English
31 PhD programs
5 Double/Joint Degree programs
879 International Agreements with partner universities
The University of Rome Tor Vergata offers an exciting M.Sc. in Mechatronics Engineering that combines electronics, mechanics, control theory and robotics.
This Degree course merges fundamental elements of science, technology, and business to prepare second-level graduates for a wide range of jobs in the mechatronics industry.
It offers core graduate courses taught by research faculty members and elective courses taught by prominent experts in their fields, in all areas of Mechatronics. The training activity includes lab activities that allow students to gain valuable hands-on experience and opportunities to build personal and professional networks. Students will develop specific experiences in industrial labs.
- Jobs in research and development departments, in university/research institutes or industries, for the design of new mechatronic devices
- Design and management of mechatronic equipment for manufacturing
- Design and development of mechatronic systems:
- for robotic applications
- for automotive applications
- for aerospace applications
- Jobs in research and control laboratories in universities and other public and private research institutes utilizing mechatronics techniques: for automation, transport, and robotics.
- Management and quality control in industrial plants
- Design and production of biomedical devices
- Research and development laboratories
- Production and quality control departments in manufacturing companies interested in mechanical and electronic innovation like automobile, space and robotics.
- Such multidisciplinary training allows students to interact with commercial and research organizations in different design and production fields and continue their training with Master, doctorates and graduate schools.